yum update os?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 02:39:50 UTC 2006

Steven Pasternak wrote:

> I have the livna repo installed, so theoretically if I wait until FC6
> final and the livna repo to catch up, all I have to do is install the
> fedora-release rpm and do like you said, right?

You should be able to use the installer media and add repositories to
install from, using the installer options.

Livna updates should be unbroken once you run yum update after the
upgrade. I never tried the installer using external repos as sources
yet. The installation that I tried was not on a network. I did see the
feature when doing a clean non-networked installation. It looked
straightforward.

For upgrades, I'd assume that it would do similar to what I described.
It would install the fedora release package, use the existing
repositories as references to grab packages from. It would then use the
$releasever information set to FC6 and successfully complete an upgrade.

That is supposing their logical scheme is in line with what I would
expect from an installer.

For the yum upgrade method, you should be comfortable working with rpm,
yum and any conflicting situations you encounter. It should work though.
The yum upgrade worked for me. I did have to query for help after the
upgrade and the list help solved the problem I encountered.

Jim

--
Moore's Constant:
	Everybody sets out to do something, and everybody