The silly mess with Firefox 1.5.0.4's Flash plugin

Heikki Pesonen fossiili at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:33:25 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:

> You'll probably find that you need to create links from Firefox to the
> Flash-plugin.
>
> ln
> -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/local/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> ln
> -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/flashplayer.xpt
> /usr/local/firefox/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
>
> You'll probably have to change the Firefox path on the link, as mine on
> FC2 is
> in /usr/local.

I tryed the following:

[fossiili at localhost plugins]$ ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
~/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
ln: creating symbolic link
`/home/fossiili/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so' to
`/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so': Fil e exists
[fossiili at localhost plugins]$ ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/flashplayer.xpt
~/.mozilla/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
ln: creating symbolic link `/home/fossiili/.mozilla/plugins/flashplayer.xpt'
to `/usr/lib/flash-plugin/flashplayer.xpt': File exists
[fossiili at localhost plugins]$

Then I closed Firefox and started it again.  In spite of your kind help. no
Flash plugin working ...