FC6-test 2

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Aug 30 20:57:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, alan wrote:

>>> 	Should work, but is NOT guaranteed
>>
>> You would have to switch yum to point to the FC6 tree and not devel.  Not
>> certain if yum has the FC6 locations in the yum.conf.d files to do that or
>> if you have to create your own.
>
> It is possible that some packages in the final release will be downgrades
> from what is in devel.  It is possible that some package names will change.
> It is possible that some dependencies will not be satisfied or that some
> things will break.  That particular upgrade technique is not tested during
> QA.  IIRC, some people who upgraded from FC5Tx to FC5 that way had some
> problems.
>
> It is also possible that you'll never run into anything broken on your system
> with your work profile.  For myself, I don't like to take the chance.

I always wipe and rebuild just to eliminate all the accumulated cruft that
gets left behind from using development versions that get updated every
2-3 days.

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink