"Suspend" on Dell Precision M70: ANYBODY have it working in FC5?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu Aug 31 21:06:47 UTC 2006

Reggie Dugard writes:
: On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 11:09 -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:
: > If so I'd like to hear from you.
: >
: > I will shortly be installing FC5 on my M70 which I have
: > not been able to effectively use because of lack of Suspend.
: >
: > I don't care if it is "to disk" or "to memory". As long as I can
: > put the thing to sleep (with  X running) and come back and have
: > all the many things I had going on still going on, I'll be happy.
: >
: > Thanks for your responses.
: >
: >
:
: I don't know if this will be of any help, but I have a Dell Precision
: *M60* running FC5 and as long as I use the open source nv display
: driver and *not* Nvidia's proprietary driver, I am able to suspend to
: memory.

I think I knew this back last time I was checking up on suspend
(running Mandrake) in November. But I had forgotten.  Anyway, there
are some "issues" with the M70 that make it a different situation from
the M60, but I don't remmeber the details.

But thanks for responding.

Dean