[OT] .Net web apps on Firefox

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Fri Dec 1 17:37:05 UTC 2006

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Do web apps built on .Net work with Firefox on Linux distros?  I think
> the answer to that question is no, but maybe I'm wrong.
>
> I'm asking because a security camera system a client uses is being moved
> to a web based .Net app.  I don't know anything about .Net except that
> it's a Microsoft development environment (and maybe even that's wrong!),
> and that .Net apps don't run on Linux.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ranbir

First, please define what .Net means.  What you will find is that
marketing at Microsoft wanted to brand about 10-20 tools and libraries
into one big scheme.

For instance, part of .Net is the C# development tools, libraries, and
environment.

Also, Active X is part of .Net.

So the question is not nearly complete enough in its current form.

Would Microsoft obscure its development activities such that no-one
could understand it and therefore anything built using it could only
possibly run under a MsWindows environment?  The answer to that is
confirmed by the very question you asked. :(

No one here can answer the question.  You would have to ask the
developers exactly what they were using to build the app.  You see, even
HTML is part of .Net.