Unable To Boot From a Fedora Core 6 DVD Disk

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 2 18:31:03 UTC 2006

jim tate wrote:
> John Aldrich wrote:
>> On Saturday 02 December 2006 8:04 am, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>     I was able to use a Fedora Core 6 DVD disk that I created and load
>>> it into a Windows laptop that belongs to a friend and found that it
>>> boots fine into Linux.  The problem sees to be with my own laptop. I
>>> already have Fedora Core 6 loaded on it.  The laptop is an IBM
>>> ThinkPad
>>> T-30. I have an NEC-CD-RW/DVD+RW Drive which I bought recently for this
>>> laptop.  However, whenever I put the disk into my drive to boot from
>>> it,
>>> it only boots to the hard drive. Would this have anything to do with
>>> Anaconda? I already have changed the bios settings that would allow the
>>> laptop to boot from the cd-drive. Has anyone else had this problem and
>>> if so, how do I correct it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>> I have a similar problem with my Athlon 1100 home-built machine. It
>> just refuses to boot to DVD, although it'll boot to CD just fine. I
>> know that on the KUBuntu DVD, there's a boot image you can put on a
>> floppy and boot from the floppy to then boot a DVD. I'm guessing that
>> would work with Fedora as well.
>>     John
>>

> If you got a good bootable disk and it won't off DVD that has to do
> with your computers BIOS, check
> BIOS setup.
>
> Jim

Hello Jim,

     I already did check my bios.  I notice that there is only a listing
there for a CD drive and not a DVD drive.  I recently bought my drive.
Does this have anything to do with it, even though I adjusted the cd
drive to boot first?

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103