new member

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sun Dec 3 22:28:02 UTC 2006

Hello.
I joined a couple weeks ago. I'm rather new to linux - been using it
since about March. I used SUSE for a bit, but soon switched to Fedora
Core (I have FC 6). I chose gnome - apparently it's not as Windowsish as
kde.

I have several issues to discuss. My most pressing is trying to get
email on a dial-up connection (pop/smtp to a standard ISP) working
fully. (Btw, I have dsl; the dial-up is for another location.) I don't
really think that it's Fedora's fault - more like the emailer's config.
(I use Thunderbird). I had SUSE 10.0 on that machine, and used Evolution
- it was working fine.

But, since I put FC6 on it, I'm having a really tough time getting it to
send emails (I even tried Evolution). So, does anyone have that setup,
and is it working?