Blocking PORT no 3127

ankush grover ankushfedora at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:36:24 UTC 2006

On 12/4/06, yogesh at banasdairy.coop <yogesh at banasdairy.coop> wrote:

> hi can any one help me how can i block the port 3127 on my mail server
> i alreadly diabled firewall
> and i want to block the port no 3127
> can guide me
>

> what sentence i write in the iptables
>

> thanks & with best regards
> Yogesh M chaudhari

Enable your firewall and pass the below entries

First thing for which users you want to block this port means all users or
users from Outside(LAN users are allowed) only

For first case
iptables -A  INPUT -p tcp  --dport 3127  -j REJECT

For second case

iptables -A  INPUT -p tcp  -s ! LANRange--dport 3127  -j REJECT

iptables -A  INPUT -p tcp -s ! 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 --dport 3127  -j
REJECT

Regards

Ankush Grover