Updating FC6 x86_64

Andrew Ritter aritter1 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Dec 5 00:00:57 UTC 2006

I have installed FC6 x86 on a HP notebook (dual boot) and have no
problem running updating files.  I have also installed FC6 x86_64 on a
desktop, but have been unable to retrieve and apply any updates.

When the desktop PC boots to FC6, and I have logged on to the FC6
desktop, I receive a message "Your system is currently not receiving
software updates.  Please check your network connection and/or set up
software."  After closing the error message window and manually
initiating the updater, I get a message "Unable to retrieve update
information."  The detail shows "Cannot find a valid baseurl for
repo:core."  This problem is not caused by a lack of a network
connection; I am able to connect using a browser.

Anyone had this problem or have a suggestion or solution.

Thanks in advance.

An ancient Andrew