Copy EVERYTHING

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Tue Dec 5 02:18:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  I've been busy lately asking about RAID configs and the like and
thanks to everyone who has provided feedback, it's been very helpful

So to recap.  I'll be using two SATA disks with the Intel RAID
"hardware" set to RAID 0 so I can dual boot the system with XP.
I'll be reinstalling XP from scratch, as it's about time (some weird
Windows behavior going on).

However, I plan on booting up with a Fedora Core disk 1, using "linux
rescue" and working from there.
I assume that I will be able to see the SATA RAID container presented by
the Intel chipset at this more basic level?
Assuming I can, I'll create the new partitions I want in the container
and format them.
Then I'll mount the old partitions and run the following command I which
got from an earlier email
 http://pj.freefaculty.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view.pl/Linuxtips/CopyEntireFilesystemsExactly

 > cd /oldpart;  find . -xdev | cpio -padm /newpart

Is it really as easy as that to copy everything?

Thanks for any tips people can offer.