Simple Samba Setup

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Fri Dec 8 00:17:07 UTC 2006

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Simple Samba Setup
From: Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 12/07/2006 04:14 PM
> Around 10:58pm on Thursday, December 07, 2006 (UK time), Paul Lemmons scrawled:
>

>> I am trying to setup what I think is the simplest samba setup and am now
>> completely bald with frustration. (I did not have much hair to start
>> with so this sounds much worse than it really is :-> )
>>

> Probably no help at all, but you did run smbpasswd, didn't you?
>
> Steve

Yes, at least I got that much figured out. It appears that samba behaves
differently when I connect from a domain authenticated windows box and
one that is not. Those that are not on the domain are getting the userid
box to fill in. I, on the domain, do not. It still requires them to use
the samba password instead of the unix password but we are working
through that for now.