How many discs

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Dec 9 15:42:48 UTC 2006

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/12/06, Hadders <fedora at workingwithit.com> wrote:
>
>> > Hi,
>> >   I just want to do a minimal install of FC5, I've pretty much
>> > unselected everything, but the base and a few others.
>> >
>> > It's still asking for disc 2?  Will I need more than disc 2 ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

> Probably. My 'minimal' installation asked for 4 discs. Of course, my
> version of 'minimal' includes KDE, so YMMV.
>
> Dotan Cohen
A default desktop install (no servers, Gnome, accept all defaults that
affect which packages get installed) requires the first three disks.  I
saw this behavior on both i386 and x86_64 installs.  I actually only
burnt the first three disks for the x86_64 install and then just used
yum to add anything else I wanted on the system.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce