rtld(GNU_HASH)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 10 03:08:22 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Hadders wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>  I need this package to install kpartx and update my dmraid.
>>
>> However, I have no idea what it belongs to?
>>
>> I'm running FC5.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.  Hadders
>>

> If I recall, that output is for packages that work for FC6 and above. I
> cannot remember if this output is for libs or for newer versions of rpm.
> Vaguely, it is a combination of factors improved for FC6.
>
> I  got this error when trying to install xscreensaver from
> extras-development on an FC5 install. The link below is my mail in
> archive. Explanations should follow-up the topic.
>
> Jim

Forgot the link to the thread.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-July/msg00486.html

But if the package is available for FC5 via a repository, you need not
worry about upgrading to FC6 just yet. The package that you are
attempting to install is for newwe Linux distributions though.

Jim

--
Windows: XT emulator for an Pentium.