codecs

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 10 23:10:51 UTC 2006

Ted Gervais wrote:
> I am still working on getting fc6 to play videos on www.cnn.com.
> And I am still not successful using Mozilla. Ok with konqueror though.
>
> My thoughts right now center on codec.  I am wondering if I have the
> right files for this and if I have them placed in the correct
> directories.
>
> Can someone tell me where I should have gotten them from and where do I
> place them?
>
> Perhaps this might help me to resolve my problem..
>
> Thanks..

Hello,

     I am assuming that you are using Firefox to view Videos at CNN.com.
In order to view videos there, you can use a plug-in that I download
recently.  In the Firefox browser, click on "Tools", "Extensions". When
you arrive at the Firefox site for extensions, enter in the dialog box
"MediaPlayerConnectivity". It will bring you to a page where you can
download this media player.  It is actually a plug in which will allow
you to view video on most sites.  After downloading it, you will can
then configure it.  Hope this helps.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103