Skype and FC 6

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:45:25 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> On Mon December 11 2006 7:22 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 11/12/06, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I was using FC 6 and skype 1.3.0.53_API from skype repository. I had
> > > no problems, but since a few days ago, the microphone is detected (as
> > > before) but it doesn't record anything. I think it is because some
> > > updates I did (always with PUP). Anybody with the same problem?
> > >
> > > How to solve it?
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> >
> > Check the mic volume in Kmix. I've been bitten by that quite a few times.
> >

> He's asking about the record volume. Mic volume should be all the way down,
> but mic turned on. Record volume should be turned on and set to proper level
> for your hearing. On my system, the record volume keeps resetting itself to
> 0 - that's one issue. Oftentimes, after making some calls, sometimes just
> one, even resetting the record volume doesn't bring back my voice, and I have
> to close Skype and then reopen it to fix that. I've spent some not
> inconsiderable time on the Skype forum trying various fixes, but haven't
> succeeded yet. It's a much discussed issue - if you find the solution,
> Fernando, please post it.

OK, I'll check my mic with some other application, but it seems to
work fine, cause I can toggle on/off the mic with alsamix and I notice
the change if I touch or if I blow to the mic.

The stupid thing is that with a stock FC 6 installation Skype worked
and then after a while, it stopped to work properly.

I will try to find the solution.