can't listen to cd's or watch avi in Totem

Mike Chalmers mikechalmers70 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 03:09:59 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Mauriat Miranda <mirandam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/06, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I followed instructions on this site,
> > http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc6.html , and now I
> > can't watch avi (don't know about mpg) or listen to cd's. Any help
> > would be appreciated?
>
> Could you watch AVI's or listen to CD's before using that information?
> I'm pretty sure that page says nothing about AVI, MPG or any form of
> video playback.
>
> It would help if you explain what step apparently caused the problem.
> What program do you use to watch AVI's or listen to CD's?
> What error are you seeing?
>
> -Mauriat
>
> --

I would tell you but I am not in Linux now so I can't tell. I can't
use Linux for a while do to some hardware issues, that happened
tonight.

I was using Totem. Cd playback did work before I followed the
directions on the most helpful website. I did not check avi but it
isn't working either.

When I try to play an audio cd an error message comes up saying
something like Totem has the necessary plugin... I don't know the
rest. When I try to play AVI the sound works but there is no video.