YUM UPDATE and bind-chroot

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Tue Dec 12 21:54:22 UTC 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 13:19, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2006, at 12:35, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>
>>> selinux-policy-strict-1.27.1-2.27
>
> [awd at Iorek ~]$ sudo rpm -e selinux-policy-strict-1.27.1-2.27
> libsemanage.semanage_direct_remove: Module bootloader was not found.
> semodule:  Failed on bootloader!
> error: %trigger(selinux-policy-strict-2.4.6-1.fc6.noarch) scriptlet
> failed, exit status 1

Tony, Todd, et.al.,

	In an attempt at a 'cargo cult' solution, I relabeled root and then
made it moot by further disabling selinux on the kernel boot command
line.

	This did, as expected of most 'cargo cult' actions, nothing.

	Then I looked at the error message more closely. It uses the word
trigger and appears to be invoking a scriptlet for the later version
of the selinux policy. Hence, I tried 'rpm -e --notriggers selinux-
policy-strict-1.27.1-2.27'. That, at least removed the entry if it
did not fully remove the package. Even though selinux is turned off
for this machine, I next intend to reinstall the strict policy to
make sure there are no inconsistencies as a result of this unorthodox
uninstall.

	Again, thanks for the help.

Andrew

Andrew W. Donoho
awd at DDG.com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)

"To take no detours from the high road of reason and social
responsibility."
     -- Marcus Aurelius