How much swap on laptop?

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Wed Dec 13 02:51:15 UTC 2006

[snip]
> On trick I have done on heavy processing tasks is to put swap on a
> totally separate drive.  Thus the seeks were swap relative and required
> less access time.  In some cases this can provide dramatic increases in
> through put.  Also having a separate disk for tmp will provide you with
> some benefits depending on the type of software you are using.  But
> again, YMMV.

Hmm, i'd imagine though that the limitation of the throughput will be
dictated to by the maximum bus speed you're interfacing with here?
(sounds wordy)
Ummm, if you're using native PCI ATA, then that is 133MB/s ?
That limit is not so with an actual RAID controller is it? As the
traffic stays relative to the controller

just curious.