Totem=noshow

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 13 08:39:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 02:14, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:22 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I have unpacked the jdk-1_5_0_10-linus.bin package, which auto
>> installed itself in /usr/java.  OOo finds it and apparently uses it as
>> is.  So I made a link to the plugin and it shows up in FF's
>> about:plugins, but another site,
>> <http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2004/281104unmistakablec
>>harges.htm> which did display the still image, now causes it to exit
>> before fully drawing the page.
>
>Gene, I just cranked up Beryl and now Firefox is going ape on me as
>well. Do you have it installed? You might throttle back to plain ole
>vanilla KDE or Gnome for a bit, if that is the case. Ric

Whats this "Beryl"?  KDE is strictly from either the fedora repo's or
livna.  I haven't built anything with konstruct just yet.  But you'll
recall that 2 years ago, I did build 3.3.0 (and qt) with konstruct and
got rid of dozens of complaints that everyone else had.  I could just sit
back and chuckle at all the kde problems I saw going by on the list
because for me, 9 out of 10 of the quoted failures/crashes were
non-existant.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)