Kernel oops

Manuel Arostegui manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Dec 13 10:35:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, December 13, 2006 11:27, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Manuel Arostegui wrote:
>

>> On Wed, December 13, 2006 09:55, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>
>>> Where should I report this?  It looks to be related to VMware, but not
>>> sure if it's a VMware bug or a kernel bug.  My VMware Player is frozen after it happens.
>>>
>>> TIA.
>>>

>>> Console messages below:
>>>

>>> [...]
>>>

>> If I were you I would report it to VMWare team with out a doubt, even more if you have paid for
>> it ;-)
>>

>> Kind regards
>>

> See, the thing is, it only started happening yesterday.  No changes to
> VMware configuration at all.  No changes to my kernel (currently
> kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.4.2.fc6.netdev.3.1 i686) at all.  A few updates installed via yum, including
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg.i386 1.1.1-47.2.fc6, but that's about all that looks relevant.

Well, I thought you had changed something on your vmware configurations file or whatever. But if
everything is as usual, now, I should change my point of view and I really think that´s some
Kernel Issue at all.
As you said, nothing change on your kernel as well, but that´s not a reason, you, guys, already
know that kernel sometimes fail because of some hardware problem, maybe something is wrong on your
box...

Try send those errors to LKML, I dunno if there´s any kernel hacker here who could help you to
overcome the problem.
By the way, I´m interested on this, so please, if you decide to send it to LKML, I would like to
recieved any reply, so, I would really like to be FWD :-)

Kind regards.
Manuel.