Adaptec raid controller

roland roland at cat.be
Wed Dec 13 18:10:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:30:08 +0100, Dale Bohl <DBohl at masonshoe.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    Does anyone have a fix for this?
>
>    I'm attempting to install FC6 on a SuperMicro using an Adaptec 2010s
> ZC Raid controller.
>
> I've configured the system disks as raid 1 and the other 4 disks as raid
> 5 using adaptec's
> firmware.
>
>    When I try to install FC6 anaconda comes back and says "No Drives
> Found"
>
> I've upgraded the system BIOS and the 2010s BIOS but I get the same
> thing.

> Dale Bohl - Senior Systems Administrator
> Information Systems
> Mason Companies, Inc.
> dbohl at masonshoe.com
> 715-720-4382

Hi dale,

I had the same problem with CENTOS and I had to get the driver dpt_i2o.
Normally it is a card with 2 parts on it, 2010S and a part that uses the
driver aic79xx, on which you connect p.e. the tape-drive. Connecting a
tape on it will get you into trouble. So I disabled that part in the Bios.

I do not remember anymore how I did this all, because I wan't to forget
about this card, it is a nightmare.

If you google then you will find something about it.

My lsmod gives me at the end:

aic7xxx               146425  0
dm_snapshot            20837  0
dm_zero                 6337  0
dm_mirror              28449  0
ext3                  118729  2
jbd                    59481  1 ext3
dm_mod                 58949  6 dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
i2o_block              16717  3
i2o_core               42077  1 i2o_block
sd_mod                 20545  0
scsi_mod              116429  3 st,aic7xxx,sd_mod

Good luck
--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba