Javascript fails

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Fri Dec 15 16:56:16 UTC 2006

Today Gene Heskett did spake thusly:

> On Friday 15 December 2006 11:28, Scott van Looy wrote:
>> Today Gene Heskett did spake thusly:
>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> I was just at a web site looking for info on receiving ATSC tv on my
>>> pcHDTV-3000 card, and wasn't able to visit several of the links
>>> because javascript wasn't enabled.  According to FF it is.
>>>
>>> However, I don't think any java function has worked since installing
>>> FC6.
>>>
>>> Is there a set way to do this, or have TPTB decided that they cannot
>>> tolerate the Sun license, so java is history?  That seems rather short
>>> sighted to me...
>>
>> Java is nothing whatsoever to do with Javascript
>>

> Ohhkaaay.  This is already installed:
> [root at coyote ~]# rpm -q js
> js-1.5-6.fc6
>
> Is this not the correct javascript package?  I'd have to assume till
> someone tells me different, that when I hover the mouse over a link and
> the link bar at the bottom of the FF screen says 'javascript', without
> the quotes of course.

Firefox's javascript is part of the firefox package - provide us with a
link to whatever it is you're trying to view that's not working?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Carpe Daemon -- Seize the background process!

    -- From a Slashdot.org post