NVidia TNT2 AGP 128-BIT 3D Graphics Card And Compiz

Jafaruddin Lie jafaruddin.lie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 04:01:14 UTC 2006

Hi Jeffrey
Had similar setup (Dell + Nvidia card) with the same problem.
Solved it by installing the nv driver from livna.
Have you tried using the driver from rpm.livna.org?
To install the repo to yum:
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

Then:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia --> follow the instruction here to install
and get the driver up and running.

On 12/24/06, Jeffrey D. Yuille <jeffy5 at optonline.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I recently installed an Nvidia tnt2 agp 128-bit graphics card in my
> computer.  I have Fedora Core 6 installed on a Dell Dimension xps t600r
> desktop. I know that this is an old desktop and video card but I was
> told that I could still get the desktop effects that comes with Fedora
> Core 6. I tried to use desktop effects with this card but when I try to
> enable it, it states that "Desktop Effects Could not be Started." or
> something to that effect.  Are there special drivers that I need to
> download for the NVidia card,or is it that the computer is too old to
> use the Desktop Effects?
>
> --
> Jeffrey D. Yuille
> 44 Royal Drive, apt # 103