Mail senders' address extraction

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 27 04:13:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 14:00 -0600, Robert wrote:
> The SPAM situation has gotten to the point that I'm gonna start doing
> permissive filtering -- mail from anyone not specifically allowed gets
> auto-dumped. The idea is to get a list of everyone who has mailed me
> in 2006 and decide who of those on that list I'd like to hear from in
> 2007 and beyond.

Reminds me of those people I know that tell me, "I have a telephone, but
I never answer it," though they expect anyone that they call to answer
theirs.

It's a seriously flawed approach.  How does someone new contact you?  Or
someone who's had to change addresses.  They can't, they can't even
arrange to contact you.

I read messages from the public lists.