Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Sun Dec 31 03:14:53 UTC 2006

Tom Horsley wrote:
> and especially don't want to inform the spammers that I
> opened their mail because the html referenced some external link :-).

Not that you want to switch, but Mozilla clients (Seamonkey or TB) have
a menu option to display mail as "Original HTML", "Simple HTML" or
"Plain text". The "Simple" mode will preserve most formatting or
embedded graphics but will not load any remote resources. Javascript is
disabled by default for email. HTML messages are too common and too
useful for me to completely do without. At least I have some reasonable
control over it.

I've been very happy with Mozilla email for a long time. They're not
super fantastic, but they're good enough, with no real killer problems.
Evo, every time I've tried it, has shown some kind of problem that I
just didn't want to deal with.

<Joe