wireless card doesn't work...

Dave Sampson samper.d at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 16:49:49 UTC 2006

My recomendation, that may draw flames would be to forget about FEDORA's
guis for now...

Get it working from the command line. even if you only test it using PING.

I find that FEDORA gui's work fine when the hardware is recognized on
bootup. but special software I find battling the GUI's slow me down
until I understand what the problem is. sometimes you need an updated
driver, or try a different backend. then GUI is a frontend that works
with different backends.

Myself I have to run a Shell script manualy to get my ACX100 chipset to
work... it took me a month or so of tinkering, but I got the card to
work. All I needed was the NDISWRAPER and it worked like a charm.  kinda
cheating in the eyes of open source, but what works eh?.... then my guis
recognized it flawlessly.

Again, I bid you fun and luck.