printer support problem

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 18:27:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 12:16 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But I fail to see why a very important report tool, such as mtink or
> escputil, was totally omitted from the distribution

We ship escputil in the gimp-print-utils package, and hp-levels (and the
graphical hp-toolbox) in the hplip package.

I think there has been some talk on the hal mailing list about getting
information about ink levels in a hardware-independent way, but I
haven't seen any decisions about that.

Tim.
*/