Mom! K3b and yum are not sharing their toys again!!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 18:28:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:49 +0000, Stuart Sears wrote:

> Ric Moore wrote:

> > one of my rants with FC5. On install, everything is /dev/sda for my DvD
> > and /dev/sdb for a 200 gig HD. NOW it's magically /dev/hda and /dev/hdb
>
> it's hda on FC6? or was this on FC5?

Both. During the install the drives were referenced as /dev/sd* and now
they are /dev/hd*. When I go into LVM manager they are noted as /dev/sd*
again. THAT makes me crazy, it should just LEAVE ME ALONE! <wails> and
leave the darn devices as originally seen as. So, when DvD apps go nutz,
I really deep down suspect this might be the issue. Ric