broken dhcp after update, other broken things

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 03:21:12 UTC 2006

Last weekend I upgraded three computers to FC6 with varying results (took a
very long time on the laptop).

This week I updated each to the latest updates and installed some files from
extras like octave and xmms.  I have been having nothing but trouble since
then.

Laptop (x86064):  wireless won't connect unless I manually run kwifimanager
-- may be fixed now
             change profile to wired, plug in cable to NIC, it hangs on
trying to get a DHCP lease

Desktop1 (x86-64):   won't boot now, hangs on trying to get a DHCP lease

Desktop1 (Athlon):  complained about not finding
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy...
     -- booted single user with selinux=0, found selinux-policy-targeted was
missing
     -- yum installed selinux-policy-targeted
     -- reboots fine but selinux is off, gets lease from firewall w/o
problems

Firewall is WRK54G (yes, the broken one, has to be reset every few days).

How can I fix DHCP with my two 64-bit machines?  Any suggestions?

--
Wade Hampton