Proposed changes for fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Dec 2 04:13:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 16:17:58 -0500,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> It would be useful if the EXTRAS were on separate media (not as
> convenient, though) so network access was not needed. I install a fair
> number of machines with no network, or dial speed. I'm sure I can turn
> my laptop into a yum repository and download everything to it, I just
> down quite have the software handy to do it, or to roll my own DVD with
> everything on it. Maybe the stuff fedora unity uses?

I have had success doing respins using the following script:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=140998
(The web site this script is on has problems on a regular basis, so getting
it from the bugzilla entry is probably easier. The authors are credited in
the script.)

Going forward it looks like the official project for this is likely to be Pungi:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-buildsys-list/2006-November/msg00008.html