Unable To Boot From a Fedora Core 6 DVD Disk

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 2 13:04:28 UTC 2006

Hello,

    I was able to use a Fedora Core 6 DVD disk that I created and load
it into a Windows laptop that belongs to a friend and found that it
boots fine into Linux.  The problem sees to be with my own laptop. I
already have Fedora Core 6 loaded on it.  The laptop is an IBM  ThinkPad
T-30. I have an NEC-CD-RW/DVD+RW Drive which I bought recently for this
laptop.  However, whenever I put the disk into my drive to boot from it,
it only boots to the hard drive. Would this have anything to do with
Anaconda? I already have changed the bios settings that would allow the
laptop to boot from the cd-drive. Has anyone else had this problem and
if so, how do I correct it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-