Does FC5 has Linksys drivers?

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Sat Dec 2 15:28:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 07:54 -0500, Chethiya K Ranaweera wrote:
> Hello,
> When I insert my WPC11 wieless pcmcia card, FC5 can detect it. But I
> can not configure the card in network device control. Does it mean FC5
> has drivers?

If your PCMCIA card uses the Orinoco chipset, then IIRC, your FC5/6
system should recognize it without the need for additional drivers or
software. But there is one thing you will need to do, and that is to
manually edit your network configuration files. Before going further,
maybe you can verify your chipset by running the command below as root:

lspci

And then paste the results into your email reply.

Regards,
pascal chong