Unable To Boot From DVD disk

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 2 22:05:24 UTC 2006

 Hello,

     I found an old Fedora Core 3 DVD disk laying around  and I decided
to see if it could boot fromit on my IBM ThinkPad T-30.  To my surprise,
I was able to boot from this disk. I have an NEC 8-X DVD +R/RW
Dual-Layer Burner which I bought a few days ago. I have burned several
Fedora Core 6 DVD iso images to disk but I am not able to boot from any
of these disks.  I am more than sure that it is not the bios setup of my
computer because I have set it to boot from the CD-ROM setting.  The
only thing left that I can think of is that it may have something to do
with the media.  I am using DVD +R media, 16x. I also notice that the
Fedora Core 3 DVD disk is not purple on its burn side (it is clear)
whereas the DVD disks that I burned the images to are purple.  Is the
reason why they may not be bootable?  Has anyone else had this problem.
I don't believe its because of the hardware (even though the laptop
itself is almost four years old). Has anyone been able to successfully
burn bootable Fedora Core 6 iso images to DVD disks?  May it have
something to do with the boot loader?  Any help is appreciated.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103