Unable To Boot From DVD disk

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 2 22:47:46 UTC 2006

David Boles wrote:

Hello David,

    Yes, I was able to successfully burn the iso image to the DVD disk
and I do see the files and directories.  By the way, I took this same
disk and put it on a Dell Laptop of a friend of mine and it was able to
boot the DVD successfully. So I think that it may be something on my
laptop - perhaps the bios (it was previously set to boot from the
CD-ROM).  Perhaps it is the bios - but I don't know what it is for
sure.  When I put it in my DVD drive, it doesn't not boot to the DVD but
instead goes to a normal boot up. This laptop is about four years old
and originally had a combo drive (CD/DVD-ROM).

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103