Yum Update not working

Norm maillist at sios.ca
Sun Dec 3 06:30:13 UTC 2006

I had to reinstall  Core 6.  Everything has gone well until I tried to
up date
At the command line if I try yum  update I get the following error
ftp://ftp.safe.ca/pub/clement-2.1/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: clement
 From the gui if I use the "software updater" I receive this error in an
"unable to retrieve information box "Cannot open/read repomd.xml file
for repository: clement"
I have yum updater enabled but it does not return any indication of
updates after I reboot the system.
When I go to the ftp site I notice that there seems to be a missing
subdirectory in the address between clement-2.1 and repodata. the ftp
site indicates there should be a "fc6" subdirectory.  The bottom is
there must be another way to do updates, what is it?
Norm