writing double layer Dvd's

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Dec 3 18:19:51 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:

> Thanks to everyone, now a major hurdle has been passed... and I've
> embarked on my backup project of favorite DvD's <wink wink> to coin a
> phrase, Life is Good! Ric

Since you're "winking, blinking, nodding, ducking, weaving...etc" you may
want to check out "DVD Shrink".  It works fine under wine and will save you
a bit of cash as it will shrink the content of your favorite DVDs to fix on
the less expensive 4.7GB platters with nary a loss in quality.  This is
especially true if you discard content (subtitles, multiple audio tracks
that are of no value/interest to you.).

--
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.