USB joysticks

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Dec 3 20:26:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 10:51 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> What's the situation with USB joystick support in FC?  Poking into kernel
> modules I see a couple of modules for specific USB joystick brands, but
> nothing that looks like a generic USB joystick driver.

Most USB joysticks use the same basic protocol and whatnot for
communicating their I/O to the system, and should work right out of the
proverbial box with little (if any) needed tweaking - such as
configuring movement sensitivity and key mappings and whatnot for your
games and other applications that use it.

> My laptop has no traditional joystick port, only USB ports.  Anyone here
> picked up any run-of-the-mill USB joystick device recently, and gotten it to
> work?

I recently picked up an InterAct RaiderPro Digital from a co-worker who
bought himself a newer whizz-bang joystick, and it works just lovely in
the games that I use it for (BZFlag, SuperTuxKart, etc).
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479