chkconfig yum on function?

Norm maillist at sios.ca
Sun Dec 3 22:16:28 UTC 2006

Barry Yu wrote:
> In FC5, I used chkconfig yum on, and verified with
> Administration->Server Settings->Services that yum service is on, I
> rebooted system and after 1/2 hour, used yum check-update, displayed a
> long list of items need to be updated - Seems yum auto update is not
> functioning at all. Next day I yum check-update again but still a long
> list of items to be updated.
> How do I know yum auto update is working? In addition to chkconfig yum
> on, do I have to do anything else to make it work?
The last time I had yum updater up and working I had the same problem.
The only way I could make yum  updater actual up date from a gnome
interface was to select only 2 or3 updates at a time  - made for a long
process but in time it did update everything.  I am doing a command line
update all now. t is too soon to tell if it works but so far it appears
to be going through all the right motions.  With 32 out of 292
transactions completed I think it is time for the pub.
Norm