konqueror : how / where to install Flash ?

gary garys at mtaonline.net
Sun Dec 3 22:46:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:26 +0100, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Sunday 03 December 2006 09:33, gary wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 08:04 +0100, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I follow instructions after downloading
> > > 'install_flash_player_7_linux.tar' as indicated by Konqueror but
> > > obviously still not working.
> > > How / where to install  it ?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bruno
> >
> > Try this instead (fc5 instructions)=
> > http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc5-tips.php#flash
> >
> >          -----------gary
>
> Hummm...I installed flash-plugin (via yum, from macromedia repo) but konqueror
> continues to complain about missing flash...
> Any other direction I should follow ?

   google - from =   http://www.konqueror.org/embedded/

How do I run Flash plugins with Konqueror/Embedded?

You have to enable the Flash add-on (via --enable-add-ons=kflashpart)
which is based on the flash library written by Olivier Debon. This add-
on does not require X but only implements Flash 3 features and a few of
the Flash 4.
Other efforts are on the way to port the Netscape plugin support to
Konq/E (which will require X).