webcam question

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Dec 3 23:49:37 UTC 2006

Bear with me for a minute, this leads up to specific questions... :)

I'm running FC5 with kernel 2.6.18-1.2239.fc5 i686 and would like to get
a Creative Webcam Instant working.  After much clicking around on the
web I've learned that some people have gotten this webcam to work with
kernel module spca5xx and that spca5xx has been replaced with gspca.
Drilling down the ATrpms website to http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/gspca/
I've come across a page of "gspcav1" rpms for kernel 2.6.18-1.2239 which
seem more or less the same.  Does anyone have any insight into which of
these packages might work on my systen?  Why are there so many gspcav1
for the same kernel?

Thanks for the help! -- Jerry