konqueror : how / where to install Flash ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb01 at skynet.be
Mon Dec 4 15:17:44 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 23:46, gary wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:26 +0100, Bruno Costacurta wrote:

> > > Try this instead (fc5 instructions)=
> > > http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc5-tips.php#flash
> > >
> > >          -----------gary
> >
> > Hummm...I installed flash-plugin (via yum, from macromedia repo) but
> > konqueror continues to complain about missing flash...
> > Any other direction I should follow ?
>
>    google - from =   http://www.konqueror.org/embedded/
>

> How do I run Flash plugins with Konqueror/Embedded?
>
> You have to enable the Flash add-on (via --enable-add-ons=kflashpart)
> which is based on the flash library written by Olivier Debon. This add-
> on does not require X but only implements Flash 3 features and a few of
> the Flash 4.
> Other efforts are on the way to port the Netscape plugin support to
> Konq/E (which will require X).
>
>                                 -------------gary

Gary,
thanks a lot for your attention and precision.

My following remark is absolutely not personal and I really do not want to
start any flame here (I'm a Linux + KDE lover...) but ...arghhh... is it
really so complicated (what / where is '--enable-add-ons=kflashpart' ?) to
have a web browser with a ready-to-go Flash support nowadays ?
Or maybe I lost some tricky license around Flash which avoid any decent use
under Linux ?

So (here I'm trying my last chance...) is there any web browser I can use with
a 'ready-to-go' Flash support ?

Thanks for attention.
Bye,
Bruno