Nvidia dual head under FC6

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Dec 4 15:31:12 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> On 12/3/06, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been happily using the Nvidia driver with a dual head setup on an
>> AMD X2 box running FC5 for x86_64. I just upgraded to FC6. Now I can
>> only get a single head setup to work. Has anything changed in how you
>> configure dual head setups? What I get in Xorg.0.log is the following:
>>
>> Backtrace:
>> 0: X(xf86SigHandler+0x71) [0x495ff1]
>> 1: /lib64/libc.so.6 [0x3dc0430210]
>> 2: X(PanoramiXConsolidate+0x154) [0x4ed474]
>> 3: X(main+0x681) [0x432801]
>> 4: /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf4) [0x3dc041da44]
>> 5: X(FontFileCompleteXLFD+0x231) [0x4318c9]
>>
>> Fatal server error:
>> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
>

> I'd suggest posting an nvidia-bug-report.log on nvnews.net if you'd
> like help on this.

I found there is a utility called nvidia-settings. If you run that in
single screen mode, and ask it for a double screen configuration, it
produced a very different xorg.conf file from the one I had. This one
works OK. So, problem solved, but I have no idea why the previous
xorg.conf file works without problems under FC5.

Steve