Bind & selinux

olga at urbantimes.net olga at urbantimes.net
Mon Dec 4 20:01:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just configured named to run on a machine with selinux enabled. But for
some reason I can't start/restart named from an ssh session. Gives me the
following error:

host1 kernel: audit(1165261031.810:23): security_compute_sid:  invalid
context root:sysadm_r:named_t for scontext=root:sysadm_r:initrc_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:named_exec_t tclass=process
Dec  4 13:37:11 host1 named: execvp: Permission denied
Dec  4 13:37:11 host1 named: named startup failed

However, I can start it from the X session at the server. Named starts
fine without any errors.

Do I need to configure ssh in this case? Or tweak named further?

Thank you.

Olga