Totem=noshow

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Dec 4 21:01:52 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 19:13 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
[...]
>> Rex - to further my education - why does
>> rpm -qV xine-lib-extras-nonfree
>> return nothing at all, even though it is installed?
> ----
> because nothing has changed.
>
> rpm does have a man page

That's not a particularly helpful answer.  I'm not sure it's made
clear from the rpm man page how things work when you specify two
different "modes" or commands on the rpm command line (as in q for
query and V for verify in Anne's example).  Do you happen to know what
section of the manpage answers this question?

It is insufficient to protect ourselves with laws; we need to protect
ourselves with mathematics.
    -- Bruce Schneier