Directory Size problem

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 4 23:05:11 UTC 2006

Joe Smith wrote:
> Dan Track wrote:

[snip]

> All this would make me want to be sure there's no problem with the
> filesystem.

Indeed. There seems to be an FS problem.

> Have you run a full fsck on the partition lately? If not (and I believe
> the default for ext3 partitions is to never run a full fsck unless you
> ask for it), you can use something like shutdown -rF (reboot, force
> fsck) to reboot and run one.

My recommendation:

Step one: Do a full backup.
Step two: Verify that the full backup is intact and complete.
Step three: Run fsck.

> If fsck gives a clean bill of health, I'd just delete mqueue and
> re-create it with something like this:

Hmm. I'm not so sure about this. If fsck thinks the FS is ok,
then I'd think there might be a problem with fsck.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.