Unclean shutdown, Mozilla won't start

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 5 03:27:19 UTC 2006

Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 04Dec2006 21:08, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> | Ok, I had found a file (link) ~/.mozilla/default/eno64hz7.slt/lock
> | and wondered whether I could just delete. Based on your feedback,
> | I deleted that link, and Mozilla starts up ok.
> |
> | It might be nice if Mozilla had a way to to tell it to do that
> | itself.
>
> Yes, but suppose it was a lock held by your copy of mozilla running on
> another machine. It's probably better to be careful than blase'.
>
> On the other hand, it would be Really Nice if they told you about the
> file in question so you could decide for yourself:-(

That's what I meant. I mean, if you select a profile which is in use,
then tell the user "Hey, that is in use. It's a little dangerous, but
if you insist, I'll break the lock. Do you want me to break the lock?"
If he answers "yes", then "Ok, I'm going to break the lock, this
may result in corruption of your profile. This is your last
chance. Proceed to break the lock?" If the answer is still "yes", then
do it. That's what I've put into my programs in past.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.