Triple boot Fedora, XP, and Vista

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Tue Dec 5 12:32:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Thom Paine wrote:

>> >  title              Windows XP
>> >  root               (hd1,0)
>> >  savedefault
>> >  makeactive
>> >  map                (hd0) (hd1)
>> >  map                (hd1) (hd0)
>> >  chainloader        +1

[...]

> title Windows XP
>        root (hd0,0)
>        savedefault
>        makeactive
>        map (hd0) (hd1)
>        map (hd1) (hd0)
>        chainloader +1
>
> title Windows Vista
>        root (hd0,0)
>        savedefault
>        makeactive
>        map (hd0) (hd2)
>        map (hd2) (hd0)
>        chainloader +1
>
> Trying to boot either os results in a reboot of the computer.
>
> Fedora works good tho. I wish I could play WoW natively with it.

I realize it has been a while since you posted this (I didn't see it when
you originally posted). It looks to me like you incorrectly used
'root (hd0,0)' instead of 'root (hd1,0)' for your WinXP config and
'root (hd0,0)' instead of 'root (hd2,0)' for your Vista config.

--
Benjamin Franz

"It is moronic to predict without first establishing an error rate
  for a prediction and keeping track of one’s past record of accuracy."
                     -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled By Randomness