yum gdm install fails after FC5 upgrade

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Tue Dec 5 14:50:36 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded from FC4 to FC5.  I'm struggling to get gdm up and running again.  When I attempt to install gdm, I
get these error messages from yum.

I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
/usr/share/gnome/help/gdm/zh_CN/legal.xml:9: parser error : Entity 'ldquo' not defined

As such, gdm doesn't install properly.  I don't get the necessary /etc/X11/gdm directory installed.

I've tried to reinstall xml and docbook, but I still get these errors.

Something got hosed during the upgrade, but I don't know what to look for.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Jim