floppy drive and FC5

john s. john at johnsdesign.net
Wed Dec 6 05:46:07 UTC 2006

  Odd question; this box has 5 installed, I can't access the floppy
drive- it doesn't show up when I click on the Computer icon on the
desktop. I thought the drive might not be connected correctly, since I
can't remember if the floppy was accessable when I set the box up.  My
laptop, I orig had 5 loaded (same story with the floppy drive), then
upgraded to 6; w/6, I can access the floppy drive.
  I set up a second box w/5 over the weekend; the floppy disappeared
after running patches and installing programs. Has anyone else seen/have
this happen? Is there a way to correct things?

                     John