FC6, kickstart, http with port

Michael Welle m.welle at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 09:05:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I want to do a kickstart installation. The software packages are
stored on a webserver. The webserver can be connected on port 81.
The configuration file contains the following line:

url --url http://demosrv.demo.local:81/Fedora6/

After booting the client there are several messages like

Info: transferring http://demosrv.demo.local:81//Fedora6//disc1/images/minstg2.img to fd
Error: cannot determine address family of demosrv.demo.local:81

etc.

I guess the host:port notation confused the parser? Packet sniffing on
the server shows no connection attempt from the client on port
81. After removing the port from the url the installer is happy and
sucks the minstg2.img from the correct directory (via port 80 of
course). Other kickstart based distributions seems to handle this in
the right manner.

Any hints?

Michael

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html